|GTA V FoV|
|Added:||23rd Apr 2015||Downloads:||1,598|
|Last Update:||23rd Apr 2015||Last Downloaded:||06:14 on 14th Jul 2020|
This mod allows you to freely set your desired fields of view (first-person walking, driving, aiming, ADS, crouching, and third-person) in Grand Theft Auto V.
Tested and working on the worldwide Steam and retail/Rockstar Warehouse version as of April 18, 2015 - there's no guarantee a future patch won't break it, but this mod will be updated for compatibility if necessary.
Be advised: We do not yet know the game's anti-cheating measures - use at your own risk. This mod modifies game memory and as such looks like a cheat, and may even be considered one in online multiplayer as having a higher field of view can put players at a competitive advantage. I consider it about as risky as SweetFX, so not very, but a risk is still there.
- Find your GTA V installation folder (e.g. C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonGrand Theft Auto V). It should have files such as GTAV.exe and bink2w64.dll in it.
- Extract fov.ini and dsound.dll into that folder.
- Install the Visual C++ 2013 x64 runtime using vcredist_x64.exe if you haven't already.
- Change the contents of fov.ini to your desired vertical(!) fields of view (ADS is aiming down sight). If you only know the horizontal FoV you want, here's a handy calculator: http://www.rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php
- All done! Launch the game as usual.
There are no screenshots uploaded for this file.